Wednesday 10 November 2010

Write your own title. Heart Alice Damages...

When asked to do 'something' for the next 'Supergeräusche' issue the singular 'Damages' mind quivered with a kind of excitement over the vast number of possible subjects to pick from. However, trying to fit 3 almost fully grown people onto one keyboard to write something readable by human eyes is harder than you might think, so we drew you a picture, it's possibly the diagram of the perfect being. I mean, SEE FOR YOURSELF.

Seeing as I'm doing so well at writing all by myself, maybe I'll extend what was to be a simple introduction of a joint effort into something more of a short story I've been wanting to write for a while. Here we go. You can write your own title on the dotted line, you can call it just about whatever you like.

Love From Alice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"There's this place I've been going, this point between a light and a shade. Just below the morning, underneath the settling of dew. I have to climb through that thick black air that covers the night, as it gently recedes it feels like it could be satin; and I'm there. Have you ever stepped into a complete hollow Elizabeth?" He questioned, while deciding between plain or chocolate coated digestive biscuits, an extremely difficult and crucial decision.

She crushed a beige crumb to dust on the perfectly flat and solid table the couple had come to see as a friend. "I don't believe i have." She paused, as if to reconsider her answer before continuing with a hasty "Go for a chocolate one."

"Your right, chocolate it is. How could someone hesitate over a choice like that. It's crazy."

"It really is Henry, are you sure everything is alright, this place you were telling me about..."

"It's slowly becoming more difficult to see where the chocolate digestive begins and the plain one ends, but it's not that that bothers me. If anything it's been making the real problem slightly easier to deal with. Every morning, i wash, i dress, i check my reflection to be certain I'm still here, i sit, opposite you, and upwards from the table, day in, day out stare two biscuits identical to the ones the day before and the day before that. Everyday my hand reaches towards the chocolate coated one without fail. So why everyday is there still a plain biscuit staring up at me?"

"I thought you might like something different for a change, I'm sorry if you find that life altering proposal intimidating Henry." Elizabeth rose, removing the constantly rejected biscuit from the table and placing it into a small brown paper bag, walked straight out of the front door, laying the package on the road, standing back and watching as the tyres of strangers cars smashed the poor morsel to dust.

Henry smiled to himself, at least it couldn't get to him now. "Today will be a good day."

No comments:

Post a Comment